To the Residents of our Town Water Districts:
I am writing to inform you that due to several issues that we are working hard to resolve, we are asking that residents within the Consolidated Water Districts in Woodbourne, South Fallsburg, Hurleyville, Loch Sheldrake and Old Falls please do their best to conserve water for the next 2 weeks.
We are diligently searching for leaks within the system which are causing water use to be much higher than ever experienced. With very little rain and increased demand due to lawn watering, car washing, and maintenance, our water supplies are lower than they should be, and we must take actions to ensure enough water is available for residents and fire protection.
We do believe that there are leaks that are undetected as of today. We will be working non-stop to identify them. If you are aware of any leaks, I would ask that you call 845-434-6320 and report it. While we are doing that, we would ask that if you are a municipal customer of water within the Town of Fallsburg, that you be cognizant of your usage.
Additionally, I am enacting Stage I of our Emergency Response Plan for the Town of Fallsburg Consolidated Water District, Stage I restrictions are as follows:
- Any known leak from any water pipe, valve, faucet, conduit, equipment, facility, or device connected to the Town Consolidated Water System must be repaired immediately.
- Car washing is prohibited
- Washing of any street, sidewalk, driveway, outdoor steps, building exterior or other structure is prohibited
- Use of water for ornamental purposes, including but not limited to fountains, waterfalls reflecting pools, lakes or ponds is prohibited.
- Watering of your lawn, shrub, plants or trees may only be done between the hours of 4:00 and 5:00 p.m.and 9:00-10:00 p.m.
- Commercial users of water are asked to curb use of Town Water by 15%.
These restrictions DO NOT affect users in the Davos Community or the hamlet of Mountain Dale, as those systems are independent and not under stress at this time. It affects users within the Woodbourne, Hurleyville, South Fallsburg, Loch Sheldrake and Old Falls areas.
Most importantly, should you discover any leak, please call 8454346320 immediately, no matter the time of day.
Thank you for your cooperation in this regard, and we hope to lift these restrictions as soon as possible.